Problem: Burner does not automatically turn on at a pre-heating step when cooking a guided recipe, or via Control Mode. In other cases, physically pushing the "on" button may not always result in the burner powering on.
Cause: Hestan Cue devices (burner and cookware) require firmware updates prior to being used for cooking or they won't function properly.
Solution: Using the latest version of the Hestan Cue app, tap on the "settings" icon (looks like gears), and make sure your burner and cookware are paired. Then, tap on the burner icon (which should be red to indicate it's detectable and ready), choose "update firmware" and finally "update" when prompted. The download will take a few minutes. Do the firmware update for your other cookware as well (pan, etc.) Afterwards, you should be able to cook on the Cue as expected.
If the issue persists, try the full method described below:
- Unplug the Hestan Cue burner (if it's plugged in)
- Turn off Bluetooth within your phone/tablet settings
- Delete the Cue app
- Turn off the phone/tablet completely, then turn it back on
- Turn Bluetooth back on
- Plug in the Hestan Cue burner (but don't push the power button)
- Reinstall the Cue app
- Log into your Hestan Cue account within the app
- SKIP the welcome videos and SKIP the automated setup process and choose to "setup later"
- Go to settings (top left icon ) and remove whatever devices (pan/pot/burner) are currently listed under "My Devices".
- Tap on the "Select Device" button and add devices manually, one by one starting with the burner
- As you add each device, tap on its icon and then choose to update firmware 1 by 1 (starting with the burner)
- NOTE: Make sure your phone/tablet doesn't "fall asleep" (auto shut-off) during the firmware update process. If you see your screen start to dim, then you need to step in. Keep it "awake" by taping the screen in a safe (non-interactive) area of the app.