Hestan Cue cookware should be cleaned after every cook session, but a few precautions should be observed when doing so. Please refer to the cleaning instructions included with your cookware for specific instructions.
General stainless-steel Cue cookware care:
- Do not remove the Bluetooth Smart Capsule/End Cap from cookware when cleaning.
- Do not submerge cookware in water.
- Before first use and after each use, hand-wash cookware with warm water, mild non-abrasive dish soap, and a non-scratch scrub sponge.
- If food remains on the surface after use or cleaning, use a Cue-enabled cooktop to boil a mixture of 1 part baking soda, 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water in the pan for about 10 minutes to dislodge the food particles, then clean again as stated above.
- Only end cap series cookware can be placed in a dishwasher. If using a dishwasher, we recommend you remove the battery from the cookware, but then replace the end cap to prevent moisture, soap, or solvents from entering the electronics area of Cue cookware.
Discoloration, Spots and Stains: Discoloration (which may appear as a rainbow hue) can occur on stainless steel cookware if cooking with high heat or continuous heat. Similarly, household water containing higher levels of calcium may create a spotted white film from regular contact with the cookware over time. In either case, remove by boiling a solution of 1 part baking soda, 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water on Cue for about 10 minutes. If necessary, wait for solution to completely cool down, then scrub with a non-scratch scrub sponge. Never use oven cleaners or abrasive cleaners to clean cookware. They will ruin the cookware.
Storage: To avoid scratches, place cloth or paper pan protectors or paper towels between pans when storing.
Note about using Bar Keepers Friend®: It's possible to use Bar Keepers Friend® to clean the cooking surface of stainless steel Hestan Cue cookware. However, using Bar Keepers Friend® may cause the cookware to become dull in appearance (it may lose it's shine/luster). Never use Bar Keepers Friend® to clean any parts of the cookware which contain electronics (eg. contact points, etc). Do not use Bar Keepers Friend® to clean Cue-enable cooktops as it will damage the plastic bezel/parts.
You may also find the following FAQs useful: