It is necessary to pair Hestan Cue cookware with BOTH the Hestan Cue app and Café Cooktop before cooking. After the initial pairing process is completed, you would only need to complete the pairing process with the Café Cooktop when prompted by the app, which is typically when starting a "guided cooking" recipe.
In either case, connecting your Hestan Cue cookware to your Café Cooktop (induction) can be done by following the steps below.
Note: The process for connecting Hestan Cue cookware to a slide-in Café Range (with oven) will differ.
Your Hestan Cue cookware should already be paired with the Hestan Cue app before pairing with the Café Cooktop. This is typically completed the very first time you start the Hestan Cue app, after which point you get prompted to pair with a Café Cooktop. If you haven't done so, or need to revisit that screen, simply navigate to the Hestan Cue "settings" screen by tapping on the gear icon:
Then choose the "Add Cue Hardware" option and follow the steps until the app prompts you to pair with the Café Cooktop.
- On the Café Cooktop, press and hold the "Precision Cooking" button for 3 seconds until the display reads "Add":
- The Bluetooth symbol will start blinking (let it flash a few times before moving to step 3):
- Tap the ^ caret icon to initiate pairing mode:
- Double tap the handle of the Hestan Cue cookware.
Tip: Only use your finger to tap, and tap hard enough so you can hear the tapping sounds clearly.
- When the Bluetooth icon stops blinking, the cookware has been added:
- If you have any additional Hestan Cue cookware pieces to connect, we recommend you repeat the steps above now to get them all set up.
After completing the steps above, you are ready to begin cooking. Refer to the following FAQ for next steps: Café Cooktop (induction): 30" or 36" drop-in − How to use precision cooking with Cue cookware
If after trying the process above, your cookware does not seem to pair, please ensure you have a fresh battery installed in your Hestan Cue cookware, and that it is properly installed.
As a reminder, your Cue cookware does require a firmware update before it can be paired with the Café Cooktop. Firmware is applied after choosing the "Add Cue Hardware" option within Settings of the Hestan Cue app.