You may use a Hestan Cue pan with a Café cooktop to cook with precise temperatures and smart cooking functions. The steps below will allow you to cook guided recipes from the Hestan Cue app. Alternatively, you can use the cooktop dials to set your own temps and cook your own personal recipes, without an app!
Before getting started:
Your Hestan Cue 11" fry pan should already be paired with the Hestan Cue app and Café cooktop before you can cook using smart cooking functions. The Cue pan and Cafe should also be setup with your smart phone or tablet.
To use the smart cooking functions of your Hestan Cue pan and/or app:
- Tap the "Precision cooking" button.:
The display will indicate "SEL" to prompt you to select the heating element you wish to use.
- Select the burner on the front left by tapping the "on" button:
- Double tap on your Hestan Cue pan to activate. Activation is successful when you hear a "happy sound" and APP appears on the display. The power arc for the burner will start blinking. Make sure you're tapping with enough force so the pan feels it, but not so hard that the pan tips over.
- If using a recipe with the Hestan Cue app, you're all set. Just follow the in app prompts to continue with the guided recipe. Otherwise, you can use the temperature slider on your Café cooktop to set your desired temperature and cook your own home recipes. You can also use the "-" and "+" buttons to change the temperature.
TIP: When cooking your own recipes (not using the Hestan Cue app), the display screen on your cooktop will show the final target temperature and not the current/actual temperature of the pan. Once your desired temperature has been achieved, you'll hear an audible chime/ding.
- When you are finished cooking, press the "off" button on the element control.