Before Hestan Cue devices can be used for cooking (such as the burner and pan), they will require a firmware (software) update via the Hestan Cue app and an active internet connection. The app will do the firmware update for you automatically the very first time you open the Hestan Cue app after after installing it onto your mobile device. If you had previously installed the app but skipped the guided setup process, you can always do it manually within "Settings".
Note: Cue-Enabled cooktops without the "Hestan Cue" designation (which are not manufactured by Hestan Smart Cooking) may have a different update process than described below. Please refer to the documentation included with the cooktop for specific instructions.
To update Hestan Cue firmware, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Hestan Cue app, log in, and then navigate to the "Settings" screen by pressing the gear icon in the upper left corner of the Cue app.
- Make sure your burner and cookware are paired first.
IMPORTANT: If the burner icon isn't red (read: it's not detected) try unplugging it and then plugging it back into a powered outlet. If Cue cookware isn't detected, change the battery. In either case, you'll need to hard-close the app before trying again.
- Tap on the device you wish to update (which should be red to indicate it is detected and ready). Press the button labeled "Update Firmware". The download will take a few minutes to complete.
- Repeat as many times as necessary until all cookware is paired and updated.
- Your Cue is ready to use! Please try it by using Control Mode before cooking an actual recipe.
Why is a firmware update needed?
A firmware update is necessary because Hestan Cue devices (burner and cookware) require the most updated firmware software prior to being used for cooking or they won't function properly.
With future firmware updates, improvements made to the functionality of your cookware can be acquired instantly and without cost, enhancing the experience when using them.