Before Hestan Cue devices, such as the burner and pan, can be used, they will require a firmware update. The app can help do that automatically for you after installing it onto your phone or tablet for the first time. Alternatively, you can always restart the automated process by going into "Settings" and then "Guided Setup".
It is also possible to update the firmware via a manual process using the "Select Device" option.
To update your firmware, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the settings screen by pressing the gear icon in the upper left corner of the Cue app.
- Make sure your burner and cookware are paired. Tap on the device you wish to update (which should be red to indicate it is detectable and ready).
IMPORTANT: If the burner icon isn't red (read: it's not detected) try unplugging it and then plugging it back in. If Cue cookware isn't detected, change the battery. Then hard-close the app and try it again.
- Press the button labeled "Update Firmware". The download will take a few minutes to complete.
- Repeat as many times as necessary until all cookware is paired and updated.
- Your Cue is ready to use! Please try it by using Control Mode before cooking an actual recipe.
Why is a firmware update needed?
A firmware update is necessary because Hestan Cue devices (burner and cookware) require the most updated versions of firmware prior to being used for cooking or they won't function properly.
With future firmware updates, improvements made to the functionality of your cookware can be acquired instantly and without cost, enhancing the experience when using them.