Before Hestan Cue devices can be used for cooking (such as the burner and pan), they will require a "firmware update" via the Hestan Cue app.
To update Hestan Cue firmware, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Hestan Cue app, log in, and then navigate to the "Settings" screen by tapping the gear icon in the upper left corner of the Cue app.
- Make sure your burner and cookware are paired first.
- Tap on the device you wish to update (which should be red to indicate it is detected and ready). Press the button labeled "Update Firmware". The download will take a few minutes to complete. Please keep your mobile device "awake" during the update process.
- Repeat for each Cue device.
- Your Cue is ready to use! Please try it by using Control Mode before cooking an actual recipe.
Note: Cue-Enabled cooktops without the "Hestan Cue" designation (which are not manufactured by Hestan Smart Cooking) may have a different update process than described above. Please refer to the documentation included with the appliance for specific instructions.
Why is a firmware update needed?
A firmware update is necessary in order for Hestan Cue devices (burner and cookware) to function properly.
Firmware updates provide improvements to the functionality of your devices and can be acquired instantly and without cost, enhancing the experience when using them.