You may use Hestan Cue cookware and the Hestan Cue app to enable smart cooking functions on your GE Café range or cooktop. The setup process must be completed before the functions are enabled.
This FAQ will help with the following issues:
- A "No Compatible Cooktops Connected" error screen appears during the set up process:
- You are prompted to "Select Your Cooktop" and you've selected the "I don't see my cooktop" option:
In either case, these issues can be caused for the following reasons:
- You do not have a Café range or cooktop connected through the Café Appliances app (iOS or Android). Please verify that the Café Appliances app is correctly installed, and then complete the set up process for your Café range/cooktop.
- After going through the Café Appliances setup process and the cooktop is pictured in the app, please tap on the cooktop image. You may be asked to enter the model number. Please do so to complete the setup process. Here's how to find the model number: Café cooktop - Where do I find the model number?
- You tried using the Café Appliances app, but entered the wrong model number when prompted, so your cooktop model number is not considered compatible with the Hestan Cue app. The workaround is to re-add the appliance in the Café Appliances app and enter the correct model number during the setup process. The following FAQ will help you identify the correct model number for your cooktop: Café cooktop - Where do I find the model number?
Tip: The WiFi module will NOT list the correct model number for your cooktop (do not use that).
- If the issue persists, verify that your cooktop or range is getting adequate power. If the electricity is turned off or interrupted, then you will not be able to connect or cook with it.
The following FAQs may also be helpful: