It is necessary to pair a Hestan Cue 11" fry pan with BOTH the Hestan Cue app and Café Cooktop before cooking. After the initial pairing process is completed, you would only need to complete the activation process with the Café Cooktop when prompted by the app, which is typically when starting a "guided cooking" recipe.
In either case, connecting Hestan Cue pan to your Café Cooktop (induction) can be done by following the steps below.
Note: The process for connecting a Hestan Cue pan to a slide-in Café Range (with oven) will differ.
Your Hestan Cue pan should already be paired with the Hestan Cue app before pairing with the Café Cooktop. More info is available here: Connecting the Café Appliances and Hestan Cue app together.
Connect Hestan Cue pan to Cafe drop-in:
- On the Café Cooktop, press and hold the "Precision Cooking" button for 3 seconds until the display reads "Add":
- Tap the ^ caret icon to initiate pairing mode:
- The Bluetooth symbol will start blinking (let it flash a few times before moving to step 4):
- Double tap the handle of the Hestan Cue pan.
Tip: Only use your finger to tap, and tap hard enough so you can hear the tapping sounds clearly. Feel free to double tap a few times "to make sure," if you wish.
Note: It may take a few minutes after double tapping for pairing to complete.
- When the Bluetooth icon stops blinking and you hear a "happy sound", the pan has been added:
Note: Once that's done, you can press the "Precision Cooking" button again to exit the pairing screen.
After completing the steps above, you are ready to begin cooking. Refer to the following FAQ for next steps: Café Cooktop (induction): 30" or 36" drop-in − How to use precision cooking with a Cue pan
- If after trying the process above, your Hestan Cue pan does not seem to pair, please ensure you have a fresh battery installed in your pan, and that it is properly installed.
- As a reminder, your Cue pan does require a firmware update before it can be paired with the Café Cooktop. Firmware is applied after choosing the "Add Cue Cookware" option within the Profile screen of the Hestan Cue app.
- If the problem persists, please note the following: The cooktops come with the WiFi module separate from the cooktop, unplugged. Here's more info on the GE Cafe WiFi Module: Café Cooktop (induction): Café Cooktop (induction): 30" or 36" drop-in - Help with WiFi Module (WiFi password).
- Ideally, the WiFi module should be plugged into the cooktop first, and then the cooktop should be powered up (read: throw the breaker switch ON after the WiFi module gets plugged into the cooktop). If the module and the cooktop get power at a different time (eg. cooktop is already getting power, and THEN the WiFi module gets plugged in), then that's when issues start to happen. The solution would be to flip the circuit breaker (powering the cooktop) to the OFF position, wait a minute, and then flip it back on. This will make it so that the cooktop and the module get power at the same time.