You'll need to add a Cue enabled cooktop and Cue cookware to your account before you can use the Hestan Cue app to cook. After adding the Cue devices, you'll be able to tap on the specific devices to find additional options where you can rename, update firmware, or remove. Details are below.
Note: You should never use your phone or tablet's "Bluetooth pairing" function within the OS settings screens to pair with Cue hardware. All pairing happens within the Hestan Cue app.
TO ADD A DEVICE:
- Start the Hestan Cue app on your mobile device and log into your account.
- Tap on the settings icon located towards the top left of the Recipes screen. The icon will look like cogs or gears.
- Tap on the "Add Cue Cookware/Connect Cookware" button to start adding Hestan Cue cookware to your account. You can select the detected cookware (one at a time) and tap "Next" to finish adding the selected cookware your account. Repeat for all cookware devices you wish to add. Note: you may only have 1 of any given type of cookware paired at a time (example: you cannot have 2 pans paired, but you can have a pot and pan paired).
- Tap on the "Add Cooktop/Connect Cooktop" button to add a Cue-Enabled cooktop to your account. All detected (powered) cooktops will be displayed for you to choose from. Tap "Next" and follow the prompts to finish adding the cooktop to your account. Note: You may only have 1 cooktop paired with your account at any given time.
TO EDIT A DEVICE
(rename, update firmware, or remove):
- Start the Hestan Cue App on your smart device, and log into your account
- Tap on the "Settings" iconlocated toward the top left of the Recipes screen
- Tap on the icon of an existing device you'd like to edit.
4a. Tap "Name" to change the name of the specific device. For example, you could name your pan "Stainless Steel Stanley".
4b. Tap "Update Firmware" and then "Update" to install or update the software built into your device. For detailed steps on the firmware update process, take a look at the following FAQ: How do I update firmware for my burner and cookware?
4c. Tap "Remove Cookware" to remove and disassociate from your account