New recipes, and recipe adjustments to existing recipes, will automatically download to the Hestan Cue app when you open it from a fresh start. If you already have the Hestan Cue app running in the background, you'll first need to hard-close the app, and then re-open it for the updates to be applied. Hard closing the app can also help to resolve possible software glitches that come up.
Below are steps on how to hard-close the app:
- Double tap the Home button on your Apple device to bring up the fast app switcher.
- Navigate to the Hestan Cue app screen.
- Swipe up on the app by flicking it up and off the screen. This will hard-close the app. We recommend closing all other apps which aren't actively being used to free up system resources.
- Tap on the home button once you are done hard closing apps.
Note: Apple devices without a "home" button (such as the iPhone X) require you to do the following: from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen. Then flick the apps up and away from the screen to close.
- Launch the "recent applications" menu. The button can vary from one device to another, but in general, look for a button with an icon of 2 stacked rectangles:
- Find the Hestan Cue app from the resulting list by scrolling up from the bottom.
- Tap and hold on the application and swipe it to the right, or tap on the X (close) icon. We recommend closing all other apps which aren't actively being used to free up system resources.
After you hard-close the app, open it again and it will automatically download recipe data.
- How to clear the app and Bluetooth "cache" (Android)
- Where can I download the Hestan Cue app? How can I update the app?