Connection issues can be caused by a number of different reasons.
If you experience trouble adding/using Cue devices, try the following first:
- Everything needs power:
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone/tablet: iOS Help and Android Help
- Add Cue to your app profile:
- Navigate to "Profile" within the Cue app (bottom right corner) and "add" your burner/pan/pot.
- Make sure that your Cue hardware has the latest firmware installed too.
- This FAQ provides details: How do I add, edit, or remove cookware/devices in my account?
- Note for GE/Café cooking appliances:
- You will need to pair the Cue pan directly to the physical Café appliance too (not just the app).
- Instructions change depending on your cooktop: Information can be found here.
If problems persist, try these tips next:
- Be close to your Cue: Try to be within 2 feet (60cm) of your Cue system while pairing.
- Power the phone/tablet off and back on: This is usually done by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Turn OFF airplane mode (to enable Bluetooth): iOS Help and Android Help
- Turn Bluetooth off from other phones/tablets: Mobile devices can hold an old connection and cause problems
- Android users: Ensure "location services" is enabled on your device.
- Your device needs to be Bluetooth 4.0 LE compatible
- iOS: all devices with iOS 10 or above will be compatible.
- Android: Download "BLE Checker" app to determine hardware compatibility (note: 3rd party app)
- How do I set up Cue (add, edit, or remove a cooktop/cookware to my account)?
- Burner doesn't turn on. Burner doesn't pre-heat cookware/food.