Connection issues can be caused by a number of different reasons.
If you experience trouble adding/using Cue devices, try the following first:
- Everything needs power:
- Make sure a new battery is properly installed in your Cue pan/cookware.
- Your Cue burner/cooktop needs to be plugged into a working power outlet and receiving power.
- Your phone/tablet should have more than 20% battery life.
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone/tablet: iOS Help and Android Help
- Add Cue to your app profile:
- Navigate to "Profile" within the Cue app (bottom right corner) and "add" your burner/pan/pot.
- Make sure that your Cue hardware has the latest firmware installed too.
- This FAQ provides details: How do I add, edit, or remove cookware/devices in my account?
- Note for GE/Café cooking appliances:
- You will need to pair the Cue pan directly to the physical Café appliance too (not just the app).
- Instructions change depending on your cooktop: Information can be found here.
If problems persist, try these tips next:
- Be close to your Cue: Try to be within 2 feet (60cm) of your Cue system while pairing.
- Power the phone/tablet off and back on: This is usually done by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Turn OFF airplane mode (to enable Bluetooth): iOS Help and Android Help
- Turn Bluetooth off from other phones/tablets: Mobile devices can hold an old connection and cause problems
- Android users: Ensure "location services" is enabled on your device.
- You should not use your phone or tablet's "Bluetooth pairing" function within the OS settings screens to pair with Cue devices: pairing should only happen within the Cue app or connection issues may result.
- However, some Android devices may require that you "pair" with the Cue pan and cooktop within the OS Bluetooth settings page first, then unpair, and finally go back to the Cue app and try to add the Cue devices within the Profile page again.
- Your device needs to be Bluetooth 4.0 LE compatible
- iOS: all devices with iOS 10 or above will be compatible.
- Android: Download "BLE Checker" app to determine hardware compatibility (note: 3rd party app)
- How do I set up Cue (add, edit, or remove a cooktop/cookware to my account)?
- Burner doesn't turn on. Burner doesn't pre-heat cookware/food.