Problem: App informs you that a firmware update is required. When you attempt to do so, an error code 15 appears. You are unable to continue cooking
Cause: There's an issue which is triggering a false "firmware update required" message from incorrectly appearing. The root cause is unknown and is actively being investigated.
Current work-around :
- Unscrew the end-cap from the cookware handle (the Bluetooth piece). Leave the battery inside.
- Hard- close the Hestan Cue app
- Turn off Bluetooth from within your phone/tablet settings, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on
- Start the Cue app, go to settings, tap on the relevant Cue cookware piece (ex. the pot), and choose to "remove"
- Once the cookware is removed, choose the "Add Cue cookware" button to add the cookware back into your profile
- Tap on the relevant cookware icon again and try to do a firmware update.
- Once complete, you should be able to cook as normal