When properly installed, it is very unlikely that something would go wrong with the capsule. The capsule is designed to be low-maintenance and resistant to the strains of every-day cooking. However, if your cookware is not showing up, if your cooking session gets interrupted, or if you suspect there is a general capsule issue, please try the following:
- Install a fresh battery into the capsule. Changing the battery may prove to be the simplest solution. A fresh AAA battery can last months with normal usage. Ensure the battery cap is properly installed by aligning the cap arrow with the unlock icon, then twisting to lock. If the battery cap does not lock and just keeps spinning, this may indicate a damaged capsule.
- The pins on the capsule got bent inwards with use, and may not be making good contact with the prongs in the cookware . If you have a flat head screw driver, you can try to pull the pins out a bit, and then re-seat the capsule. Make sure the pins aren't touching each other and are slightly slanted forward at about a 91 to 95 degree angle. Do not break the pins.
- The wireless capsule that gets installed into the cookware may not be seated well. We recommend you remove the capsule, make sure there's no moisture, dust or debris which would interfere with the contacts, and then re-install the capsule so that it sits well. Do NOT install the capsule at an angle (read: don't use the shoe-horn method), but instead insert it straight down. Make sure that the capsule sits flush into the cookware. You may apply pressure with your fingers to the capsule around the letter "N" on the printed word "Hestan." Make sure the screw goes all the way in (but don't overtighten).
Note: You can test the cookware by using "control mode" in the app without using actual food:
- Start the app and sign in (if you haven't already). Make sure all your devices are paired and have the latest firmware updates.
- Tap the "Control Mode" icon located on the bottom right of the navigation bar. Place Hestan Cue cookware on the burner.
- Within "Control Mode," slide the app controls to 400F (204.4C). Be careful as cookware will get very hot (don't burn yourself).
- Let the cookware heat to 400F (204.4C) for 20 minutes. The temperature should fluctuate just around 400F (204.4C) by about 5 degrees after reaching this target. If you observe the in-app readings to be significantly under or over 400F (204.4C), or get an error or an app crash, please reach out to support.